Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Digital Content. All literary works on the SMART Workplace (each, “Digital Content”) are the exclusive property of the publisher or its licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The download of, and access to any Digital Content is available only to Customers and is intended only for such Customers’ personal and non-commercial use. Any other use of Digital Content downloaded or accessed from the SMART Workplace is strictly prohibited. Customers may not modify, transmit, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content of any Digital Content, in whole or in part. By downloading or otherwise accessing Digital Content from the SMART Workplace, the Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees to these terms.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Company’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Company’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or ‘mirror’ the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Company at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Trial Subscription. If you purchase a SMART Workplace subscription that includes a free trial, you will receive access to the SMART Workplace Digital Content for the duration of the free trial period. At the end of your free trial period, SMART Workplace will charge or debit the payment method provided at the time of your order, and you will be billed per the cycle stated at the time of your order.
- Subscription Cancellation. You may cancel your subscription by using the “Cancel my subscription” button on the SMART Workplace website. Except as otherwise set out in these Terms, and SMART Workplace’s Terms of Sale, if you cancel your subscription, you will not receive a refund of any subscription fees already paid. When your subscription is cancelled, the Digital Content associated with your subscription account will be removed from your devices and applications.
- Restrictions. The SMART Workplace may also take steps to prevent fraud, such as restricting the number of titles that may be accessed at one time, and monitoring Customer accounts for any activity that may violate these Terms. If the SMART Workplace discovers any type of fraud, the SMART Workplace reserves the right to take enforcement action as necessary to protect the SMART Workplace and its associated publisher or licensors.
The materials on Company’s web site are provided ‘as is’. Company makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Company does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Company or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Company’s Internet site, even if Company or a Company authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Company’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Company does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Company may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Company does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Company has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Company of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Company’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the Minnesota without regard to its conflict of law provisions.